4 Ways to Create a Line Sheet Template
You already know that in order to get a potential buyer interested in your product, you’ve got to market your product and brand like crazy. But after the marketing work has produced a solid lead, what you’ve got to have next is a line sheet that will knock ‘em dead. If you’ve ever tried to create a line sheet yourself, you know it’s a near impossible task unless you’re super skilled in photo-editing software and have a good, working knowledge of graphic design. That leads many of us to hand the task of line sheet creation over to a freelancer…along with a sizeable check. It doesn’t have to be this way! There is a solution, and it’s using a web based line sheet creation application to streamline your line sheet creation and produce sell sheets that are unparalleled in style, visual appeal, and content.
Maybe you’ve already found a great application to help you create your line sheets. The question now is how to make this application work for you. How can you create line sheets that are still customizable for different buyers, capture the character of your brand, and provide all the information necessary for a buyer to make a purchase? Here are four ways to create a line sheet template that produces a great document every single time you use it.
- Upload Content—It all starts with your own content. Your products are what this line sheet creation is all about. It might be wise to upload your content and categorize them by collection or style, so that when you create new line sheets you already have the content you need at your fingertips. Finding a web based line sheet creation application that allows you to store your content for easy retrieval when it’s time to create new line sheets is key to making this an easy process. Having your content already loaded into the application makes streamlining the creation process rapid. When it’s time to begin building your line sheet, your product images are right at your fingertips and can be added to your template with the click of a button.
- Build Your Sheet—Here’s the fun part. If you are using a web-based line sheet creation application, this step will save you time and make future line sheet creation a breeze. Start with a base template provided by the application. Select which content you want to feature for your line sheet. It can be a single product or an entire collection. Remember, you’ve uploaded your content already, so you have all your images available-there’s no need to spend time searching for that one really awesome shot of the blue topaz ring you know you have somewhere on your computer or web store.
Once you’ve added your content, let the customization begin. While you are completely able to use the original template in its primary form, you can also edit it as much as you want to create a template that is truly 100% made by you, for your products, and for your buyers. The time-saver is that you never had to edit your photos to fit into a frame, or figure out how to create the frames and text boxes in the first place. Don’t like the position of your image? Drag it somewhere else. Want a different font than the current one? Change it up. Edit the look and feel of your line sheet to fit the needs of your particular buyer. You can also add additional pages, create custom dividers and order sheets, and dedicate pages to brand familiarity. The choices are yours.
- Preview Your Masterpiece—When we say masterpiece, we don’t think we’re exaggerating. Having the ability to create a line sheet with warp speed that looks and feels incredibly professional and aesthetically pleasing makes us feel like a true Picasso. Now’s the part where you sit back and take in your work. This is a really important step. You need to make certain that the template you’ve created includes absolutely everything your buyer needs to make a decision about your product.
- Are your images crisp, clear, prominently placed on your pages? Do you have images that reflect all the options in which your products are available? Do you have too many images?
- Is your contact information on every single page? Is it easily viewable and readable? Is the font a good choice for your brand?
- How do your logo and slogan appear on the line sheet? Are they in the foreground of your line sheet? Can a buyer be certain of the vendor by looking at your line sheet?
- Have you included enough product information for a buyer to be able to make an order on the spot? Sizes, shapes, colors, variations, availability, shipping, wholesale pricing, suggested retail pricing, etc.
- Save and Name Your Template—You’ve finished your line sheet. You’ve created something that features your products and/or collections in the best possible way. You’ve reviewed your work and made sure your potential buyer has all the information she needs to make an informed decision to buy your product. Now it’s time to save your template so you can use it again in the future. Using a web-based line sheet creation application allows you to save templates you’ve created so you can quickly access them and recreate them at a different time, for a different buyer, or for a different product. Because you’ll be creating a lot of sell sheet templates, you should save this one with a unique name so you can quickly find it and work with it in the future.
Creating line sheet templates is a smart and functional way to take the hassle out of what can become a time consuming and expensive task. Using a web-based line sheet application can help you by providing you with preloaded templates you can customize for every product you sell and every buyer to whom you need to send a line sheet. Having saved templates from which to work ensures your line sheet creation process is streamlined, and that the line sheet you produce is consistently on target each and every time.